The thing that concerns me most about EMFs is what we’re doing to our children.
I’ve got kids, but mine are growing up fast.
I still worry what they’re being exposed to and when I see small children using cell phones and tablets I do find it distressing.
It’s so important that people be made aware of the dangers.
And it’s important that they know what to do about them.
Lloyd Morgan, is very much of the same mind as me.
A few days ago he published an excellent research paper entitled “Why children absorb more microwave radiation than adults: The consequences”.
It’s a detailed study but here’s a summary of the studies findings/recommendations:
“(1) Children absorb greater amount of microwave radiation (MWR) than adults;
(2) MWR is a Class 2B (possible) carcinogen as is carbon black, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, DDT, lead, nickel, phenobarbital, styrene, diesel fuel, and gasoline. It seems clear that we would not expose children to these other agents, so why would we expose children to microwave radiation?
(3) Fetuses are even more vulnerable than children. Therefore pregnant women should avoid exposing their fetus to microwave radiation.
(4) Adolescent girls and women should not place cellphones in their bras or in hijabs.
(5) Cellphone manual warnings make clear an overexposure problem exists.
(6) Wireless devices are radio transmitters, not toys. Selling toys that use them should be banned.
(7) Government warnings have been issued but most of the public are unaware of such warnings.
(8) Exposure limits are inadequate and should be revised such that they are adequate.”
You can read the full study here http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213879X14000583
It’s our role as parents and responsable adults to ensure that this modern technology does not destroy our children’s health.
Thank you Lloyd. I’d like more info/interviews about Digital Dementia, Fear of Missing Out, and the psychology of ‘technology’. In other words, why do so many otherwise educated people automatically blindly accept and/to go into denial about the dangers of EMF and MWR? Unbelievable! Even my own family, and I’m EHS!
I posted in several groups! Thank you!
Tom Whitney said,
What make you think that people have “automatically blindly accept…”?
Perhaps they have looked at the evidence of harm, and found it unconvincing.
It is not “unbelievable” to accept mainstream thought, in fact many believe that lots of routine daily activities represent higher risks than what you think is a great danger.
Charlene Beairsto said,
Is there any way you think the the Telecommunications Act of 1996 will ever get amended so that Cell phone towers are not allowed on school property? The FCC standards are not protective of human health and do not take into account the National Environmental Protection Act. According to the Act- “No state or local governmental entity may regulate the placement, construction, or modification of personal wireless service facilities on the basis of environmental effects of radio frequency emissions to the extent that such emissions comply with FCC regulations; and
(E) any decision by a state or local governmental entity to deny an application to place, construct, or modify a personal wireless service facility shall be in writing and supported by substantial evidence contained in a written record.
Lloyd Burrell said,
Thanks everyone for your questions and thanks a lot to Rosemarie and others for spreading the word on this.