I’m sure you will agree, our eyes are one of our most important assets. Basically, nearly all of the information we receive comes through our eyes. Can electromagnetic fields (EMFs) from cell phones and the like cause damage to our eyes? Well alarmingly, the use of cell phones has been linked to cancer of the eye by a German study. Whatsmore, using a cell phone may increase your chances of getting eye cancer by 300%, so the studies say.
Besides the development of eye cancer, cell phone radiation can also be responsible for the formation of cataracts. Burning of the eyes, pain behind the eyes, ‘floaters’ (actually little bits of gel that detatch themselves from the inside of the eye and float around), and a general deterioration of the vision are all hallmarks of damage caused by cell phone radiation.
Tips To Reduce Cell Phone Radiation Exposure To Your Eyes
1. You’ve heard me say it before, but try whenever possible, to use a land line phone instead of a cell phone. This will be easiest when you are at home, only using a cell phone when absolutely necessary will cut back on your exposure to this damaging radiation. Click here for my tips on reducing your exposure to cell phone radiation.
2. There are several herbal products that can help you to fight off the worst effects of cell phone radiation and keep your eyes healthy. Both bilberry and ginko biloba are powerful antioxidants. These herbs are especially good at preventing and healing damage to the eyes, and bilberry can help to increase blood flow to the eye’s capillaries, which will help to heal any damage caused by radiation. The ability to perform as an antioxidant is also important in cleaning up any abnormal cells that may result from cell phone use.
3. If you wear eyeglasses like me, it is a good idea to make sure that the frames are plastic rather than wire, as the metal in the wire frame can act as an antenna. And, like a radio or television antenna, this antenna will direct the cell phone signals into your eyes and brain.
4. The mineral zinc has many beneficial uses for the body in general and can be particularly helpful in maintaining high levels of antioxidants in the eyes. I’m not really one for supplements, but taking zinc can make a great difference in whether cell phone radiation damages your vision or causes eye cancer.
5. Consider taking melatonin. Again I have spoke about melatonin before and its role in preventing DNA breaks in brain cells. It can also be effective in preventing kidney damage from cell phones.
Some people, mainly those that are selling them, advocate using “chips” and neutalizers” to protect you from EMF radiation. Some of these devices are meant to be worn and are supposed to offer defense against cell phone radiation. I have tried many of these devices and I have found none which work.
What is important is to take the necessary action to protect you and your family against the devastating effects of cell phone radiation on your eyes. Every member of your family, even if they do not personally use a cell phone, will be exposed to radiation whether it be from computer screens, wifi, cell phone towers, electrical wiring etc.
Take action now, protect your eyes from EMFs.