A recently published case report at Hindawi – Case Reports in Medicine examines the effects of prolonged contact between breasts and cell phones in women with multifocal breast cancer. Data published in case studies concerning the effects of cellular phone usage and proximity to electromagnetic fields (EMFs) was collected and analyzed. The results of the analysis show that:
- EMFs are a possible human carcinogen.
- When stored in the bras of women, cell phones may lead to more cases of breast cancer.
- Those with the longest exposure to EMFs had the highest risks and instances of cancer.
- Prolonged exposure is especially dangerous to prepubescent females before age 20.
- Those in the highest risk groups are most likely to use mobile devices heavily.
- Smartphones are more likely to emit higher levels of EMFs due to more frequent data transmissions.
- Cumulative EMF exposure is largely unstudied.
Click here to read the full study.
For my tips on safe cell phone use click here.