- ElectricSense - https://www.electricsense.com -

The EMFs Lurking Inside Your Home

How many people do you know who are obsessed with stuffing their homes with hi-tech gadgetry? Wall to wall TVs, wireless burglar alarm, electric this and that….

Keeping up with the Jones?  Maybe its just convenience?

Or maybe you are one of these people?

Reality check time. Because what you don’t realize is that most of these appliances emit electromagnetic fields (EMFs) in some shape or form. Worst, these EMFs are harmful to our health.

Take, for example, the case of mobile (or cell) phones.

Cell Phones Friend or Foe?

The evidence is now overwhelming that cell phones are dangerous. Even the overly conservative World Health Organization has classed them as a possible 2B carcinogen [1].

Yet, people still carry on as if they were perfectly safe. Some folks walk round with 2 cell phones in their pockets.

They have become constant companions.  They cant bear the thought of not being connected. Blackberrys, iPhones and other smart phones mean these devices are not just communication tools.

They are lifestyle tools, which we use for our entertainment through live TV, gaming, downloading, video chatting and so on.

I am really concerned with the radiation that mobile phone users are exposing themselves to these days from such extensive use. You must have read how this radiation can trigger many ill-health symptoms, including cancer [2].

Radiation – Simply Venom

Then take the case of digital cordless phones [3] or DECT phones. There are more and more of these phones in our homes today.

Initially, these phones used to emit electromagnetic radiation only when they were in use.

But now, irrespective of whether they are in use or not, digital cordless phones are constantly emitting radiation. In fact, they are just like mini mobile phone base stations in your homes. Because they emit electro-magnetic radiation all the time I think they are even worse than mobile phones. Added to which because they are often situated in peoples bedrooms they really are a potent venom.

Microwave Ovens

Though we depend on this appliance so much, it’s also a top offender. The reasons are two fold.

Researchers have already indicated how foods lose their nutritional value when they are cooked in microwave ovens. Many essential minerals, vitamins, cancer-protecting anti-oxidants, and other nutrients in foods are lost due to the exposure to electromagnetic radiations in microwave ovens during the cooking process. *

Moreover, the plastic wrap that is used in microwave cooking has also been identified to produce some harmful ingredients, which are thought to have a link with certain cancers. Baby formula or human breast milk when heated in microwave ovens undergoes significant changes in their constitution, and sometimes even toxic elements are formed due to such changes, which can significantly harm the baby’s health. **

In fact, I do not recommend at all using microwave ovens for cooking or processing food for babies and children.

The second reason is the electromagnetic leakage when the microwave oven is in use. We don’t use our microwave oven at home anymore, and I refuse to stay in the room when the microwave oven is in use in other peoples houses because I can feel the radiation.

It’s A Deadly List

The list of similar hazardous electromagnetic radiation emitting appliances in your homes is really be long. Computers, laptops, Broadband connections, Playstations, XBOX360, other games that children play, baby monitors, burglar alarms, smart utility meters, wireless mice, hearing aids – all emit radiation in your homes.

Now obviously the biggest question is how will you protect yourself from these radiations.

Well, the smartest response is often – simply avoid them.

But, in reality, you possibly cannot avoid all these appliances in modern life.

Most of these devices you can live without. I live without them. If you cant live without them I would suggest, restrict their use.

Read the owner’s manual before beginning to use any appliance. Most often you will find there some safety guidelines about how to stay away from the radiation that these appliances are emitting.

Switch off cordless phones at night. Use ADSL wire technology in your Broadband connection instead of WiFi, which offers a superior quality of conection. And be on the alert, particularly with babies and children in home.

By applying these simple precautionary measures you can easily minimize your exposure, as I have done in my home.

* Watanabe F and others, Effects of Microwave Heating On The Loss Of Vitamin (B12) In Foods, Reported in The Journal of Agriculture Food Chemistry, 1998

** Research by Dr. Lita Lee of Hawaii, reported in the Lancet, December 1989