By far the most worrying part of the electromagnetic onslaught we are all facing is the effect on our kids.
Before I became electrically sensitive I was only using a cell phone for 3 years. And I was not an excessive user. And I was using a cell phone with a relatively low SAR (this was back in the late 90s).
Whereas our kids, my kids for instance, live in a much more electromagnetic world. They are exposed to EMFs, at home, in the street and more and more in schools. My kids are growing up fast, but those kids that are now born into this world, are often exposed to it even before they get here – how many pregnant mothers have you seen using a cell phone?
So should we allow WiFi in schools? Absolutely and definitely not.
Below is a report on a Canadian school. Some parents are so concerned about the effects of WiFi they have taken their kids out of school to school them at home. The school says the WiFi is safe because they are within the safety levels. But the safety levels are based on what? They are based on studies, but the wrong ones.
We are back on to the same old debate about thermal effects and non thermal effects. It’s obvious that WiFi will not heat the body, but does that mean that it’s safe? No, because we know there are biological effects at low exposure levels with WiFi  and the like.
Heres the video:
Interviewer: Well, you can’t see it, smell it, or taste it, but chances are you use it every day. We’re talking about Wi-Fi. It’s a radio frequency used to connect laptops and computers to the internet without any wires.
Some parents are worried it’s putting their children’s health at risk, but is it? CTV’s Nicole Lampa has the first of a two part series.
Nicole, you went to Meaford for the story where parents have asked Wi-Fi to be removed from their school. Did that end up happening?
Nicole Lampa: No, the Wi-Fi is still on at St. Vincent Euphrasia Elementary, so a couple of parents we spoke with made a drastic decision regarding the issue.
Interviewer: Angela Klein is home schooling her daughter. Last year she was in grade two at St. Vincent Euphrasia Elementary School in Meaford.
Angela Klein: We love our school, but my daughter just can’t go there right now.
Interviewer: The reason? Wi-Fi. Klein was chair of the Parent Council, but quit and pulled her daughter out in June after doing her own homework on the effects of Wi-Fi.
Angela Klein: Damage to the blood/brain barrier, calcium flux. There is a link to diabetes, behavioral changes, cancer…
Interviewer: Andrew Cooper is also concerned about Wi-Fi.
Andrew Cooper: It’s just not something the kids should be exposed to.
Interviewer: He started home schooling both of his children three weeks ago. Cooper was also part of St. Vincent Euphrasia’s Parent Council. They (the Council) issued a safety survey to all parents in September. Eighty eight percent agreed the school board should turn off all the wireless transmitters. Cooper approached his trustee with the results, but the Wi-Fi is still running.
Andrew Cooper: He got back to me saying this is going to take years to do. And I wasn’t happy with that at all, I think it should be removed immediately.
Interviewer: The Parent Council relied heavily on a study by the Royal Society of Canada and research by Dr. Magda Havis of Trent University. She said her work indicates that some people experience rapid heart rates whenever they’re around Wi-Fi, and she worries that a child’s prolonged exposure to Wi-Fi is dangerous.
Dr. Havis: I think it would be extremely difficult for them to sit through a normal school day having their heart racing at a much, much higher rates than they normally would, and still be able to learn properly. However, if children have any heart defects, and they experience this, it could be life-threatening.
Interviewer: Ron Motts is the health and safety official for the Blue Water District School Board.
Ron Motts: What we work with are the standards.
Interviewer: Motts says the Wi-Fi levels at St. Vincent Euphrasia are safe. They’re compared to stand exposure levels from Health Canada’s Safety Code 6. Safety Code 6 sets an acceptable level of 10 watts per square meter. Tests at St. Vincent Euphrasia detected a tiny level of that at 2 milli-watts per square meter.
Ron Motts: At that level, I’m satisfied we’re not posing a safety hazard for our students or for our staff.
Interviewer: This mom disagrees. European studies have convinced her that Wi-Fi, even at a low level, is hazardous.
Mother: Unfortunately, kids are going to be exposed for a number of years. And, kids are going to get sick and there’s nothing I can do about it, but I can protect my own child.