December 6, 2018
i am getting readings of up to 700 v/m with the gq EMF 380 its in the wiring of the lights and the secrets all around the house worryingly in the kids bedrooms.
i have spoken to electrician who doesn’t seem to know much about it, we have lots of dimmer switches in the lighting system, which may account for some of it, whats the best way to get an idea of whats causing this? could it be a faulty meter? should i start with a full test of the house electric wiring?
not sure where to start
August 17, 2014
Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum. One or two things to think about.
I’m not familiar with the meter you are using, but I did once have a meter which gave anomalous readings close to a wall – this was a feature of the meter, not a fault. You could check this with the maufacturer/distributor.
How close to the wiring/dimmers are you measuring? Many electrical things give very high readings close up, but the fields often drop dramatically within a short distance. What is more important is what are the field levels in the places you normally occupy – the child’s bed, chairs and sofas etc. The fields may be quite acceptable in these locations if they are far enough away from the offending sources.
Dimmer switches are notorious for creating other problems, such as dirty electricity (more info on the main site here). But several building biologists suggest that if the power frequency fields are low then the dirty electricity levels in the room should be low as well.
Unfortunately, finding an electrician who understands this stuff is not easy. If you still have concerns you might be better tracking down a Building Biologist with a good understanding of electrical wiring. They should be able to identify any faults and describe them in a language that an electrician would relate to.
September 29, 2018
it could be https://www.amazon.com/GQ-EMF-…..B079QC96KH