Elevated AC Magnetic Field | EMF Protection and Shielding | EMF Forum

Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Elevated AC Magnetic Field
February 16, 2019
5:23 am
New Member
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
February 16, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi, I have a 3-axis AC Magnetic meter and detected very high levels of AC Magnetic Fields (10-20 mG) close to my electric meter, and still generally elevated levels in my living room (3 mG). I suspect the source of the radiation is from the wires running into my meter (as it’s just as high on the second floor on that side of the house). I tried shutting off my main circuit breaker to no effect. Should shutting off my main circuit breaker have eliminated any AC magnetic fields? I do however have a semi-attached neighbor whose electric meter is also situated at the same location. The AC Magnetic levels fluctuate every couple minutes, and they were much much lower (sub 0.5 mG in my living room) during the summer. Could my neighbor’s furnace or heater cause this issue? Can this be caused by the street service drop line (the wire that connects my house to the poled wires in the street) that runs into my house? but if I wasn’t drawing current, that service drop wire shouldn’t have a field, should it? Please help with any pointers you could give? I’d prefer not involving my neighbor until I have a better idea. thank you!

February 17, 2019
11:01 am
Peter Williamson

Forum Posts: 126
Member Since:
August 17, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello EMF-Q and welcome to the forum. Magnetic fields are caused when current is flowing. If wiring is correct there should not be any magnetic fields from the wiring, but some appliances can generate significant magnetic fields. Since magnetic fields travel through almost any medium (including walls) they are very difficult to screen , and it is possible that a field from a neighbour’s house or from a drop line could affect yours if it is strong enough.Elevated magnetic fields can point to a wiring problem of some kind. A meter should be able to help in identifying any problematic appliances. There may be info on the main site here or on some of the Building Biologists’ sites about how to discuss these issues with an electrician. Good luck!

Forum Timezone: Europe/Paris
Most Users Ever Online: 176
Currently Online:
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Seagazer: 45
Peter Williamson: 43
Eric.EST: 41
Kathryn: 33
Perene: 26
Brandon83: 17
pmauro: 14
ellie: 13
NoRFplease: 13
Arthur Fomalhaut: 12
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2
Members: 1807
Moderators: 5
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 4
Forums: 12
Topics: 519
Posts: 1222
Newest Members:
Naomi, Patria920, jrl124c, Zackery, VincentLizotte, samson, nancy, Sidika, pmccanncpa, roza
Moderators: Wifikid: 16, officeman: 0, WiFi96: 4, Peter Williamson: 126, peter williamson: 189
Administrators: Lloyd Burrell: 68, Lloyd backup: 0, Shabab: 0, shabab-test: 0

Pin It on Pinterest