There are so many websites on the internet now trying to “cash in” on the cell phone radiation front that sometimes it might seem difficult to know which way to turn. It would be nice to think that there is some gadget or magic pill that you can swallow that can make cell phones safe. For those of you that have been following my blog for sometime now, you will know that this is NOT true, but there are a number of things, things we often overlook, that can reinforce your immune system.
I strongly believe a healthy, strong immune system is one of your best defenses not only against microbes and other infective agents, but also again electromagnetic radiation.
1.Getting involved with other people is a proven way to keep your immune system healthy. We are tactile creatures, and all of us need a hug once in a while and the companionship of other people. If you interact with others you are less likely to get sick generally, and interaction, in an outdoor environment where electromagnetic pollution is low for instance, can help us fend off the effects of cell phone radiation, too.
2. Listening to music helps to relax you, and relaxation supports your immune system. Of course, make sure that you are listening to music that you enjoy, being deluged with rap music will do you little good if you actually enjoy Mozart. Your immune system can get an extra boost if you play a musical instrument or sing, especially in a group of like-minded people.
3.Enjoying a quiet environment can help defend you against cell phone radiation by boosting your immune system, too. Loud noises cause stress, and stress definitely damages the ability of the body to defend itself. While you may be able to control the volume of noise in your own home, earplugs may be the answer if you will be exposed to loud noises outside the house.
4. Keeping a chipper, optimistic outlook can strengthen your immune system and keep you healthier. Pessimists and those with a persistently gloomy outlook were found to be more susceptible to illness, and will also be more prone to damage from cell phone radiation. Try to look on the bright side, and you may well notice a change for the better in your health.
5.Cell phone radiation can cause a multitude of problems, especially if your immune system has been weakened through an inadequate diet. It is important that you eat a healthy, balanced diet to keep your body’s defenses at their peak. As you will recall from my post last week, organic food needs to be given a priority. Your body needs quality fuel to stay healthy, and that includes keeping your immune system healthy, so eat right and avoid as many junk foods as possible.
6. Laughter is often said to be the best medicine, but laughter may also be a great preventive. It has been scientifically proven that laughing can make your immune system stronger and more likely to be able to fight off assaults by everything from depression to viruses. Take some time to watch a comedy and laugh out loud to boost your immune system.
7. Unfortunately, most people give up active thinking after they leave high school or college. They tend to sit in front of the television when not working and let someone else do their thinking for them. Your immune system will definitely suffer if you do not use your brain. The expression “Use it or lose it” is very appropriate here. Taking up a new hobby, reading, or just joining a discussion group can open up new vistas and keep your brain active. Your brain controls your body, after all, and one that is working at a minimum will not be able to keep your immune system properly supported.
8. Exercise is great not only in helping you to keep fit and in shape, but also in maintaining a healthy, strong immune system. Not only does exercise keep your muscles stronger, including your heart, but it also involves the brain, making it more likely that your immune system will be ready to deal with cell phone radiation. Just taking a good walk every day can provide you with all the exercise you need, and it will help you relax, too.
9.Purging yourself of stress can have an immense, positive effect on your immune system, making it less likely that cell phone radiation will harm you. When you are stressed, your body produces more adrenaline and cortisol. These hormones are there to help you deal with danger, but when you are stressed all the time, they will suppress the immune system, leaving you more susceptible to harm. Learning to relax is important, and practicing self hypnosis or meditation can help to reduce stress.
10. Sleeping in the dark is actually very important in maintaining the immune system . I’ve talked before about Melatonin, a hormone that is fundamental in restoring your body back to health when it has been under fire from various forms of electromagnetic radiation during the day. Melatonin is only produced in the dark. If you sleep with a nightlight, the necessary melatonin will not be made, leaving you more vulnerable to the negative effects of cell phone radiation. Interestingly, it has been found that children who sleep with a nightlight tend to become nearsighted, so turning off the lights at night can benefit everyone in the family.
Even if your cell phone usage is light, or even if you do not use a cell phone, the electromagnetic radiation used to send and receive signals is all around you. If you live in a city, it is very likely that you and your family will be constantly bombarded with electromagnetic radiation. The radiation from other people’s cell phones can also affect you.
Use these 10 tips to get your immune system up to speed today and help minimise the effects of electromagnetic radiation on your body.